Government Affairs Council
The Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce has an active Government Affairs Council that takes stands on issues and endorses both measures and candidates. The Chamber is the voice of business in the East Metro region.
The Purpose of the Council is to:
- Provide education and awareness to, and advocate for, members on a local, regional, state and federal level.
- Provide education on, and create awareness of, issues, including, but not limited to:
- Ballot measures
- Proposed and passed legislation
- Government regulation
- Land use
- Jobs creation
- Economic vitality
The Mission of the Council is to:
- Create a strong local economy
- Develop business advocacy and political action
- Provide direction to Chamber leadership to effectively represent the interests of business before government
The Goals of the Council are:
- Viable public policy benefiting member interests
- Land use regulations and education system that support economic development and regional vitality
- Awareness among membership and public at large regarding issues and legislation
- Viable transportation systems that ensure mobility of passengers, goods and service in a safe, expedient manner
- Identify needs of small and large business members and ability to advocate proactively for those needs
The Government Affairs Council meets the first Tuesday of the month at 12:00 pm at Riverview Community Bank.
Contact Lynn Snodgrass for more information about the Government Affairs Council.