Closed Monday, July 4th, 2021
The Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center will be closed Monday, July 4th 2021. In observance of the holiday the Chamber staff will be celebrating with their families. The Chamber and Visitors Center will reopen the following day Tuesday, July 5th, 2021.
4th of July in the Gresham Area
While the Portland area will be hosting the Waterfront Blues Festival over the long holiday weekend Gresham will also be celebrating. We would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to be safe this holiday.
Fireworks Safety Tips
In 2017, eight people died and over 12,000 were injured badly enough to require medical treatment. The need for fireworks safety is real. Here are a few simple real world tips to help keep you and your family safe this holiday.
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Anyone using or standing near fireworks should wear protective eyewear
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Never light fireworks inside a container
- Have a garden hose and full bucket of water handy
- Don't use fireworks while impaired by drugs and or alcohol
- Never attempt to relight a "dud"
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in your bucket of water before throwing them in the garbage
- Never use illegal fireworks
Remember even sparklers burn at 2,000 degrees and are capable of melting metal. They can quickly ignite clothing or yard debris. Consider using glow sticks or confetti poppers as a safer alternative this holiday. Or even better grab your picnic blanket and lawn chair, kick back and let the professionals put on a show for you.
We hope you enjoy your long 4th of July weekend and look forward to seeing you all in person at one of our upcoming "in person" Chamber events.