City of Gresham
Gresham Community Profile
Gresham is the fourth largest city in Oregon and the second largest in the Portland metropolitan area. The city has experienced rapid growth, becoming a burgeoning urban center in its own right, and providing a high quality of life for its residents and business community. Gresham has a diverse population made up of longtime residents, young professionals, families, and new immigrant communities.
- Incorporation: 1905
- County: Multnomah
- Current Population: 108,956
- Land Area: 23.43 square miles
- Zip Codes: 97030, 97080
- Nearest Major Highways: I-84 and I-205
- Nearest Major City: Portland
- Located just minutes from Portland International Airport and Port of Portland
- Median Household Income: $47,852
- Per Capita Income: $21,748
- Median Home Value: $236,20
- Housing Units: 41,015
Trade Sector Strategy
- Goal 1: Manufacturing
- Strengthen and grow Gresham’s existing Manufacturing sector, retain existing family wage jobs, and create new family wage jobs.
- Goal 2: Clean Technologies
- Position Gresham as a preferred location for Clean Technology (wind, electric vehicle, energy storage) and Solar Manufacturing companies, including support industries along the value chain.
- Goal 3: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
- Encourage job creation and new investment – especially in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sectors – in Gresham’s Regional and Employment Centers.