Health & Wellness Group
Grief - One Size Does Not Fit All
- It's grief, not depression
- Grief comes in different shapes and sizes
- What grief FEELS like
- How to support someone who is grieving
Featuring Barbara Virgilio, MSW, Mt. Hood Hospice Social Worker; Roberta Bradfield, CEO, Cherry Park Plaza and Georgena Eggleston, Founder of BeyondYourGrief.com and author of A New Mourning: Discovering the Gifts in Grief
Mt. Hood Adult Day Center
376 NE 219th Avenue, Gresham
Starting in 2016, the Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce Health and Wellness Group and Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) will partner so you can earn college Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for participating in our monthly morning presentations at no cost to you. Oregon’s community colleges created CEUs for professional development courses as a way for participants to have their attendance in training transcripted by their local community college. CEUs cannot be used towards a certificate or a degree program at MHCC but they provide third-party verification of your participation in college-level training.
The process for getting CEUs will a simple four- step process:
MHCC will provide you with a course transcript upon your request.
- You will fill out an MHCC course registration form (at no cost to you)
- MHCC will provide you with information about the course title and course number
- Shelley Wright with the Chamber (or her proxy) will take attendance at each monthly morning session (you will most likely need to sign an attendance sheet)
- You will be awarded one CEU for every 10 hours of programing you attend